Collect several copies of an organization’s internal newsletter, newspaper, or magazine. Critique these publications from two perspectives:
- First, do content analysis. Given what you have read about what concerns employees and the organizational purpose of such publications, how does this publication measure up?
- Second, given the design guidelines in the chapter, how does the publication measure up? What changes would you recommend?
This should be formatted as a professional email to the organization’s public relations/ marketing communication department (i.e., the department identified as the author). Use at least 2 credible sources to support your assertions.
Construct your email in a document for submission of the assignment. Your email should be no longer than 4 pages (excluding cover sheet and references).
Strong responses will:
- Follow the formatting guidelines established in your text
- Be analytic and not merely descriptive
- Incorporate concrete examples from the publication(s)
- Base your critique on credible research. Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of two (2) scholarly articles – one (1) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but one (1) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
- Attach or include links to any publications you critique in an appendix.