- Define the following terms: prosocial behavior; empathy; altruism; apathy
- Explain each of the following models of prosocial behavior: empathy-altruism hypothesis; negative-state relief model; empathic joy hypothesis; reciprocal altruism theory; genetic determination model
- Define the terms diffusion of responsibility and the bystander effect. Explain what occurred during the murder of Kitty Genovese in the 1960’s, and the reasons for the lack of help and apathy that took place amongst the numerous bystanders. What influences do you think most dramatically affected the outcome of this case? Support your response
- Discuss each of the five key steps in deciding to help, or not help, suggested by researchers Darley and Latane (1968). Do you think this interpretation is accurate? Why or why not?
- If you were faced with a decision to help a stranger, what would you be willing to do or not do, and why? Support your response
- Discuss the various external and internal factors that increase or decrease the tendency to help
- Do you believe that a scale could be designed to assess for altruism and determining the likelihood of helping behavior? If you were asked to design your own altruism scale, what would it look like and how would it work? Support your response
To place your order, you need to fill in the order form form with all the requisite details. Once you submit your requirements, we assign a professional essay writer who owes expertise in your subject area to start working on your request and deliver your assignment on time.
+1 (213) 497-3675