You have been assigned to a management position in China, and your boss has recommended that you take a cultural awareness course. You know little about the Chinese culture and even less about the business and cultural aspects of the country. You need to investigate all of this before you go.
- Why is it important to understand cross-cultural communication?
- What is the impact of the culture on business norms, practices, and behaviors, and how is it different from the United States?
- Give some examples of the differences in communication between Chinese and Americans.
- What are some of the protocols and etiquette issues that you must incorporate into your business behavior?
- How are you going to deal with management issues such as assertiveness, conflict resolution, and team building?
- What should you practice to be successful?