Assignment, No plagiarism follow directions: To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
- Article Critique: Self-Disclosure, Gender, and Communication
Review the article entitled, “Can we talk?” and Section 2.2 of our text titled “Biological Sex and Gender.” Based on what you’ve learned in these readings, write a two-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) about your thoughts on this article. In your paper, be sure to address the following:
- Can you relate to this article on self-disclosure in relationships? If so, explain what specifically you could relate to and provide examples of your own experiences. If not, what has your experience been regarding self-disclosure in your intimate relationships?
- Do you agree that self-disclosure is important and directly related to satisfaction in relationships? Why or why not?
- What about gender differences? Remember, although research has found differences in gender communication, it has also found similarities. What kind of similarities between genders have you experienced?
- Lastly, remember that although research is based on generalizations, not everyone fits into these generalizations regarding gender. Do you feel like you fit into the generalizations?
Be sure to reference the article and at least one of your other course readings from this week in your paper. This can be your textbook or one of the recommended articles. The paper must be formatted according to APA style. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.