I’m working on a sociology multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- Define the term stress, describe the major sources of stress, and discuss how stress can affect our mental and physical health
- Since stress is unavoidable, what do you believe are the most valuable ways to cope effectively with both short-term and long-term stress?
- Social support and loneliness have been found to significantly dictate levels of stress. Do you believe that self-change can affect the struggles to belong, concerns about rejection, and consequences of discrimination? Why or why not? Support your response
- Discuss the roles that social identification and practicing self-forgiveness can have on stress
- Identify and discuss the factors that influence and foster a sense of happiness. Ask yourself the following question: “Is happiness getting what you want or enjoying what you have?” What does this statement mean to you and what can you do to make some significant and positive changes to your own outlook on happiness and contentment?
- According to research, what are the differences between happy and unhappy people? Is it possible to be too happy? Explain how certain things such as overoptimism, cognitive errors, overconfidence and planning fallacies can actually be harmful to our health and well-being