1) What is occurring in this sketch? It should e a short summary of what happens.
2) How does Chick treat Cotton, and how does Cotton treat himself? Meaning, how does Cotton speak about himself and his Blackness?
3) What are some of Cotton character traits? How does he speak, how is his posture, and how does he interact with Chick?
4) What are some of Cotton’s physical characteristics? How is his make-up, cloths, eyes, lips done? Why is it done like that? What about his dancing?
5) What do you notice about the people in the background?
Second 2 paragraphs (1619 Project)
1) Give a brief summary of the episode. What two artists does he say made him think about Black music when he is chopping vegetables
2) What is the story of Jim Crow as a song and character in accordance to Thomas Rice? How did it help create a unique form of American theater and culture?
3) How does this evolve into Black music, and then American pop music co-opted by white Americans?