Part I (6 questions, 10 points each): Write two or three brief sentences only for each question in this section.
- Define â€œironyâ€ as it was defined in class lecture. Then, explain how Rothman uses irony on page 50 in the end of the first paragraph when he argues that, â€œâ€¦Russians alone bore the brunt of positive discrimination.â€
- Define â€œeuphemismâ€ as it was defined in class lecture. Then, explain how Rothman uses a euphemism on page 53 in talking about the New Deal.
- At the top of page 67, explain what the single-sentence paragraph is doing rhetorically for Rothmanâ€™s preceding argument about Damore.
- On page 81, the second paragraph, Rothman writes two short sentences to begin the paragraph: â€œThis is not science. Itâ€™s an ideological crusade.â€ Analyze these two sentences, based on what you have learned about rhetoric or about what you intuitively feel, according to how these two sentences function.
- What is â€œThe Contemptible Veilâ€ Rothman describes in the subsection beginning on page 97? Summarize in one sentence what this is, and then in a second and/or third sentence (s), supply a quote of the most important detail, in your opinion, from this section.
- How does the veil fall, according to Rothman, in the section subtitled, â€œThe Veil Falls,â€ contained on page 107? Summarize in one sentence what this is, and then in a second and/or third sentence (s), supply a quote of the most important detail, in your opinion, from this section.
I have attaches the pages, this should take no longer than 2 hours for reading and 6 questions answered. Thank you !