Diversity Consultation with Operations Manager
Assume you are an HR Specialist at a start-up company. An operations manager has approached you to discuss how diversity can improve with the department. In at least 3 full pages, prepare a memo addressing the following topics in order using the prescribed section headers in bold.
- Section 1- Tangible Benefits of Diversity- In this section, identify the tangible benefits the department may receive by being a leader in hiring employees with disabilities.
- Section 2- Intangible Benefits of Diversity. In this section, identify the intangible benefits that the department may receive by being a leader in hiring employees with disabilities.
- Section 3- Barriers for Individuals with Disabilities. In this section, identify the political, economic, social, physical and/or environmental barriers people with disabilities face in obtaining employment that are not concerns of other groups protected by the EEOC, such as minorities, women, or senior citizens.
- Section 4- Creating a Culture of Reasonable Accommodation. In this section, identify ways the operations manager can foster a workplace culture that provides reasonable accommodations for current employees with disabilities in the workplace or during the hiring process.
- Section 5- References. In this section, provide the full citations for 2 credible sources according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). You also incorporated these 2 references internally appropriately.
- This assignment is not a traditional APA-styled paper. Therefore, an introduction and conclusion are not required for this assignment.
- Use one-inch margins, size 12 font, double-spaced line spacing, and page numbers.
- A minimum of two scholarly/peer-reviewed references must be included. Do not use blogs, Wikis, or anonymous sources. Visit the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab (Links to an external site.) to learn more about appropriate references.
- Use Microsoft Word format to submit your document.