Oil spill in the sea and the response to that has been the subject of many studies. Formation of
oil-water emulsion by the help of the kinetic energy of the sea waves often causes serious
problems that requires expensive solutions. Two types of emulsions are observed in the sea:
water-in-oil and oil-in-water. Creation of emulsion causes increasing the viscosity of the oil spill,
hence produces difficulties for the responders who tend to remove and recover it.
In this project, you are required to: a) describe the emulsion process, b) identify the challenges
associated with cleaning oil spills, and c) identify and describe methods for demulsifying the
The report should confirm to the following requirements:
1. The report must be written using Microsoft office or other word processing software
2. The report should be two pages (excluding cover page, tables, figures, and
references), single spaced, and 12-point font size (times or times new roman). The
margins setting should not exceed 1â€ for top, bottom, left, and right.
3. Tables, figures, and references should be placed at the end of the report.
4. Submit hardcopy and electronic copy, via Blackboard, by the due date.
The report will be evaluated on the basis of technical quality, accuracy of information,
readability, and conformity to formatting and page requirements. The report will be graded out
of 100% and the breakdown is as follows:
1. Report format (page, line spacing, font size and type, margins, etc.) â€“ 10%
2. Technical quality, readability, and organization of the report â€“ 30%
3. Accuracy of information contained in the report â€“ 30%
4. Originality of the report â€“ 30%