1. What is your conceptualization of spirituality? Reflect on how you came up with this notion of what it means to be spiritual.
2. List some of the influential factors that shaped your notion(s) of spirituality. For each, explain how that factor helped shape your notion of spirituality.
3. Do you think spirituality is related to the positive development of emerging adults? Provide some examples to support your claims.
OR (don’t do both)
SET 2: Supplemental Reading- Differences in Conceptions of Spirituality
1. What are some conceptions of spirituality that differ from your own conception of spirituality? Do you believe they are acceptable conceptions of spirituality? Explain why or why not.
2. Reflect on the first time when your notion of spirituality was challenged. Explain the situation and reflect on how, if it affected, your notion of spirituality.
3. How do you think spirituality develops over time for most youth? When does it develop? Also, explain some of the factors/situations that can affect how spirituality develops over time.