Topic: death penalty in California
4 pages double spacing
You are to write a double spaced three page paper (not including a citation page) that researches a single policy or program that has been implemented by a law enforcement agency, court system or corrections system. You may choose any of the following as your topic. If there is a program or policy you wish to assess that is not on this list, please clear with me beforehand. The policy or program must be very specific. Do not write about Stop and Frisk policies, write about the stop and frisk policy of a specific agency. Likewise, do not write about prison privatization generally, instead write about the policies of a particular county, state, etc. Here are the elements you must include in your paper:
- Identify the problem the policy or program sought to address. Indicate the reasons, history, or intent that led to the creation of the program or policy. Be specific!
- Review the history of the particular policy or program
- Discuss any controversies the enactment of the policy or program created
- Analyze the impact of the policy/program and discuss any controversies it has generated.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the policy and briefly discuss any alternatives
Again, this is a short paper and I don’t expect you to touch on every element you may find. You will need to be concise and specific. Cite your sources (use at least two) and use one of the standard styles (APA, MLA). You do not need to use a title page, but I expect a citation page.