Read the Scenario. The Case of Timmy
Prepare a 1-2 page reflection of the scenario by responding to the questions below. Be sure to integrate your readings into your reflection.
Ethical questions exist regarding the exclusion of clients and their families from treatment conferences. Discuss the following questions:
- How does client exclusion relate to self-determination?
- To what extent do clients have the right to know about and be involved in their own assessment and intervention planning?
- To what extent is exclusion appropriate?
- To what extent is exclusion ethical according to the NASW Code of Ethics?
- What is your recommendation—exclusion or inclusion? Explain your rationale.