Your organization has an assessment program in place. In order to make sure that it is valuable and worthwhile, a strategic evaluation is needed.
A solid strategic evaluation will look at six questions:
- Was the assessment program needed in the first place?
- How well does it match the current and future needs of the organization?
- How effective and widely applied is it in the organization?
- How valuable are the outcomes?
- Is the program worth implementing?
- Is the program the best possible use of organizational resources?
With all the information that you have learned over the past 8 weeks about assessments and work sectors and performance appraisals, discuss why these six steps need to be asked and answered by an organization.