This week, you are to evaluate the importance of strategic planning in the Revitalizing Masachapa Project (RMP), the purpose and functions of strategic planning and management in creating value for the town of Masachapa, as well as the significance of strategic planning in the process of obtaining the necessary financial support to cover the costs of the project.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the background and Week 1 information in the Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project multimedia.
- Review Chapter 1 in Bryson (2011).
- Consider the relationship between strategic planning and strategic management.
The Assignment (2â€“3 pages):
Describe the role of strategic planning in creating value for the town of Masachapa:
- Explain the purpose for the RMP.
- Explain how strategic planning can create value for the town of Masachapa.
- Analyze at least three benefits of strategic planning in the RMP.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Use APA style for this and all assignments.
- Bryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 1, â€œWhy Strategic Planning Is More Important Than Everâ€ (pp. 3â€“34)
- Johnson, A. K. (2004). Increasing internationalization in social work programs: Healyâ€™s continuum as a strategic planning guide. International Social Work, 47(1), 7â€“23.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Virtual city: Revitalizing Masachapa Project [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Please click on the following link for the transcript: Program Transcript (PDF)
In this course you will have the opportunity to engage in a â€œVirtual Cityâ€ project where you will be involved in decision making and using strategic planning, management, and leadership skills learned throughout the course. In your Assignments for Weeks 1â€“10, you will be asked to respond to a series of events and situations affecting the town of Masachapa, Nicaragua, that are directly related to the Revitalizing Masachapa Project. As a member of a team of expert consultants from Walden University, your task will be to use the knowledge and expertise gained throughout this course to address the needs of the townâ€™s revitalization project. Each week, you will be asked to complete a task to support the townâ€™s government as well as other key stakeholders involved in the revitalization project.