This paper has two parts. The first part is to create a status tree, and the second part is to write about the statuses of that tree in relation to the related key concepts from the text.
How to Complete Part 1: The Status Tree
Use the Shapes, Smart Art, or drawing tools in Microsoft Word to create a status tree that illustrates your achieved, ascribed, and master statuses. Use different colors, shapes, or shading to distinguish achieved from ascribed statuses.
This video linked gives a tutorial on using SmartArt:
How to Complete Part 2: The Paper
In the paper, use your roles and statuses to define and apply the following terms to your own life. Be sure to define and give examples of each of the following from your own life, based on your status tree.
Status (define and give an example from your life)
Achieved Status (Define and include at least 4 from your life)
Ascribed Status (Define and include at least 6 from your life)
Status Symbol (Define and include at least 1 from your life)
- Master Status (Define and include your master status)
- Role (define and give an example from your life)
- Role Conflict (Define and include at least 1 example from your life)
- Role Strain (Define and include at least 1 example from your life)
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper. View the rubric to see how the paper will be graded.
- Include your status tree as the first page of your paper. The first page should have the title and status tree
- The paper should be around 3-4 pages (not including the status tree page) typed, double spaced.
- Margins must be no greater than an inch on all
Start your paper at the top of the page following the status tree.