4 total readings. 4 pages. 4 separate quotes. Each reading on separate page.
Reading theory is challenging, to say the least. It often requires multiple readings, “googling” terms you do not understand, and a general tenacity that can be difficult to muster. Journaling will help with this.
- Read the requiring readings:1.) Durkheim – Mechanical and Organic Solidarity
2.) Durkheim – What is a Social Fact?
3.) Durkheim – Anomic Suicide
4.) Durkheim- The Human Meaning of Religion
- After you have read the piece, identify with a quote that you believe best summarizes the main argument, or one of the main arguments, of each piece.
- Title your journal entry with the author and title of the reading.
- Type the quote you chose at the top.
- Explain why you think this quote best summarizes the argument. This means you will write—in your own words— a paragraph or two on how you understand the piece and how the quote reflects that understanding.