Write a paragraph explaining what quantitative research is, and what sorts of information about social life it is best suited for.
- Paste in your Stats 3 & Stats 4 Assignments. You will need to revise and edit these assignments.
- Concluding thoughts: I want to read some of your reflections about this course. The following questions are to help guide you toward things I am interested in. You do not have to answer all of the questions.
- What empirical thing did you learn this semester that surprised you? Maybe it was a finding from a study that was reported in the textbook, or something that emerged from your interview, or something in the GSS data.
- Did this course help you to appreciate any type of research better? For example, perhaps you did not consider interviews or ethnographies to be rigorous forms of research, or did not know how complex quantitative analysis can be.
What are some concepts and skills from this course that you think will stick with you in the coming years? How do you think you will read about social scientific research in a new light?
- What are you proud of about the work you put into this course? Maybe you thought you were terrible at stats and worked through that. Maybe you surprised yourself when conducting the interview. Maybe you just can’t believe how far you came this semester when putting together this final project.